Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Different Blue by Amy Harmon

What's a perk of personally knowing an author? She might send you an advanced copy of her new book. And that's exactly the perk I got from being a friend/fan of Amy Harmon. I was so excited when she emailed me and asked if I would like to read and review her new book.

A Different Blue is about a rebellious girl named Blue Echohawk who has had a rough life so far.  During her senior year of high school, she meets an interesting young teacher who inspires her to want to be a better person in spite of problems and hardships she's had in her short past. But she can't quite turn her life around without resolving some serious issues in her past, her present, and her future.

I enjoyed this book because I love how Blue overcomes the person she thinks she should be to become the person she wants to be. It is a great story of redemption.

A Different Blue has more adult content than the previous books I've read by Amy Harmon. I would not consider this book part of the young adult genre. It's definitely for grown-ups. But if you enjoy a good story of redemption and overcoming tough obstacles, you will enjoy this book, too.

Emily B


1 comment:

  1. By the way, A Different Blue is available to buy now as a hard copy. The kindle version is available Friday, March 29th. If you have a smart phone, you can download a free Kindle app and get the kindle version at a cheaper price.

    ReplyDelete