Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Harry Potter

Almost done with book two.  Enjoying them but wondering what you all think of reading them to kids.  What age do you think is good?  My kids are scared of Disney movies and everything else, I think they would have nightmares for months if I read this to them.  They had me stop reading A Series of Unfortunate Events because it gave them nightmares.  We are reading Matilda right now and they LOVE it but I need some more book ideas to read aloud that Mara and Wyatt will both enjoy.  Anyway- what good books are you all reading????

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading Harry Potter (again) too, and am half-way through the second book! I was wondering the same thing about reading them to my kids. Mine are for sure too young (though Vaughn might be interested), but I think when he's older it would be really fun to read them together. I think maybe 8, 9, or 10 might be a good age to start it with kids (about the same age as Harry is when the book starts). The first books aren't too scary, but they get pretty darn scary towards the end, and I don't think it would be appropriate for young kids.
    Some book ideas that popped into my head are Black Beauty, The Bobbsey Twins, The Secret Garden, Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables, and Mary Poppins.
    Good luck finding some good books for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! I am half way through book 3 and think i better wait a few more years before reading them to my kiddos. Thanks for the book suggestions! We will pick some of those up at the library next week!

    ReplyDelete