Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew & The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


I recently started reading this series with Lincoln. He is at the perfect age to start reading "real" books with/to. It is fun to have one-on-one time reading with him. We've read quite a few books (Moby Dick, Great Expectations, Anne of Green Gables to name a few), but the Narnia book series will be his favorite I bet.


Book one, The Magician's Nephew, was so enlightening. It set major groundwork for the next book. I didn't know what to expect really, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a fun read, but not nearly as intoxicating as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.


With book #2, I had a vague memory of the story ... but I certainly don't remember reading it. I think I watched an old school movie. Anyway... the book was GREAT. One night we read from 9-11!! I wanted to keep reading as much as he did!!!!! It has some AMAZING symbolism (if you go deep), and it was fun to watch the movie after and see if it lived up to the book. It did :)

Happy Reading.... Kate

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! thanks for posting Kate!!! I loved reading about what you're reading! I started The Magician's nephew with the kids before our trip- i need to finish it with them. As soon as I finish Harry Potter series I will try the Graceling books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these books but STILL haven't read them (not even as a kid!). I was thinking it would be more fun if I read them for the first time together with my boys. I'll probably wait another year or two. I'm so excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete